So much to say and so little time....
I just got back from attending our Ward's Christmas Activity. Kristelle is our Activities Committee Chairperson and she did a great job. It was simple and wonderful. The food was delicous. And it was all centered around the birth of our Savior. It really helped me to 'feel' what I have been wanting to feel this season.
In addition to the activity I have also appreciated the gratitude being expressed by my family on their blogs. I think going through tough times helps to bring us even closer together. My heart overflows with so much love whenever I think of my husband, children, and grandchildren. (I include my sons-in-law with my children.) I am also grateful for my parents and siblings. I have been very blessed throughout my life.
Karl is still up north working. We see each other as often as possible. Caitlin and I will be heading up there next week. Karl and I get to talk every day which is a big plus. I miss him tons!!! I remember the song Megan sang at Heidi's wedding when she was a wee little girl from My Turn On Earth..."It Isn't Good To Be Alone" and it is very true.
Caitlin's wedding is set for March 14th. I'm excited for her. Adrian is a wonderful addition to our family. I don't think I could have picked anyone better for her. We are getting as much done as we can for the reception. We bought her dress. It is very pretty. We have some of the decorations ready to go! I think her color choice will look very nice.
Caleb comes home March 6th. I'm so excited!!! I know he will be sad to see it come to an end. I feel bad for him. I have really missed him. I know the people love him there in NC. Anyone who knows Caleb knows why.
We have put up what Christmas decorations we have left that we didn't pack away or get rid of and it looks more like the season now. I'm so thankful for the birth of Jesus Christ. More importantly I am grateful for His life and his sacrifice for me. To be with my family forever is the greatest thing I could ever ask for.
Merry Christmas everyone!!



1 comment:
I'm glad that you had a good activity centered around the true meaning of the holiday. It's hard to feel that spirit of the season sometimes and I'm hoping that going to the Forgotten Carols will help me. Christmas is also great because you get a phone call! I know that it's hard with dad gone, but hopefully something will work out soon! I love you and you're welcome to come over anytime!
Post a Comment