Caleb had mentioned in a recent email about how this sister in his branch was going to be in Vegas and heading through Utah so he gave her our home number, address, my cell number, our names, etc. On Tuesday she called. Well actually her nephew called because even though she speaks English it is still quite broken so he translated. She was wanting to meet us and take anything back to him that we wanted to send. Since Caleb is sending boxes to us I didn't think sending a package was a good idea so I wrote a letter to him that she could hand-deliver. She said Elder Anderson is an angel, that he speaks very good Spanish, and how she made all his favorite foods for him on his birthday, Feb. 8th. I thanked her for being so good to him. She said you can tell he loves the gospel. He is good to the people, too, and loves them.
Her nephew entered the MTC on Wednesday, today, and on their way back they called and wanted us to meet them at El Pollo Loco right off the freeway. So, Caitlin, Adrian, and I all headed over there with my letter to Caleb. There were quite a few in this group. Aunts, Uncles, Nephews, children, etc. I can't remember her name very well (the one that knows Caleb)...something like Claudevelle ???? she came up to us and was so sweet, friendly, and very pretty. She introduced us to everyone there and explained who we were-- in Spanish. They made us feel very comfortable until she pulled out her video camera that she would play for Caleb. We stood there trying to think of what to say to him. Mostly just smiled and told him we were excited to see him in 16 days! It was a little awkward but fun. She had also taken the time to see Elder May's family up in Salt Lake. He is Caleb's companion. I thought that was so nice of her.
I asked her if Caleb was healthy and looked good. She nodded her head and said he looks real good and eats healthy. I talked about how he was into having muscles before his mission. She laughed and nodded her head again so I am guessing she already knew that. He told her he wants to know how to make the foods she makes so he can make them for us. I let her know that was fine with me. We talked about quite a few things in a short amount of time but I am sharing the highlights and I can't remember anymore right now since it is getting late and I should be in bed.
It was fun though and I am so glad I was able to meet her. I hope I get to meet her again someday. I could have talked to her for a long time. She made me feel that comfortable. I gave her a hug, thanked her, and told her to ask Caleb if she could give him a hug from me. I don't know if he will let her but he might.
I appreciate Caitlin and Adrian coming along for support and I think they were glad to meet all of them too. I think they especially liked being on video. LOL



4 comments:
Oh yeah! The video was the best part, let me tell ya! I did enjoy it though! It was kinda weird to think that she knows Caleb but awesome.
I am glad you got to do that! Sounds fun! Can't believe time is almost up!
I can't believe there is only 16 days till he gets home. What a neat experience this was.
Wow, I cannot believe all that is going on in St. George. Didn't time stand still for you guys so I wasn't missing anything. I can't believe Caitlin is getting married. I just really can't believe it. Isn't she still in high school. Just kidding it just seems like yesterday she was babysitting for me and didn't even have a car yet. Wow time flies. I checked on her blog and what a fun shower. Congratulations.
Post a Comment