We were all pretty hungry for lunch so we decided to eat first. We chose Chipotle's. Finding a place to sit was not easy but Dana found one smaller spot and then a nice man that told Adam we could have their table since they were getting ready to leave. So here we are and it was yummy!
Then we began our trek down the 'strip'. It is interesting to see the different types of people in dowtown Vegas. Some are pretty scary looking. haha Kellan got pretty tired at times so he would sleep off and on. He was a good baby throughout it all.
We went to the Flamingo Hotel where we all had our pictures taken in this spot. I forgot to take a picture of the actual flamingos and large fish we saw there but they were pretty cool! :)
I won't give you all the details but we did see Elvis and two Michael Jacksons!! We also saw the good and bad Spidermans, Wonder Woman, Ironman, Scooby Do, Woody from Toy Story , and went into one of my favorite places there...the M&M's store. Here is Karl with his green friend.
There were so many fun things there but not enough money to buy them. I did get Measuring cups and spoons after Rachel saw them first. I needed some and they are very colorful. There were lots of T-shirts and these two seemed fitting for where I work. Since I couldn't afford to buy them I thought a picture was the next best thing.
At the MGM we saw the Lion and Lioness ....sleeping....I got the tail end shot and this shot of their heads which I decided to post. They were tired and didn't care if everyone was looking at them. Pretty cool though.
At the Bellagio (sp?), which I liked a lot, they had a cool water show with a huge fountain. The water shot so high up in the air it was breathtaking. They did a neat little show to the classical piece "Hoedown". We enjoyed this a lot. Here we are waiting for the show to begin. The picture of the fountain doesn't do it justice but you can see how tall it shoots up there.
Unfortunately I didn't post ALL the pics I took (35 in all) so I hope these give you an idea of some of what we saw. This was part of the Garden area I think in the Bellagio as well. It reminded me of the Rose Parade and how everything is made of some kind of flower or plant. There were sculpted Olive trees there and it was all very bright and colroful.
Down the hall from there was the largest chocolate fountain. The upper view has a mirror above it which make it look like the chocolate is also flowing upward. The lower picture shows it coming down. Pretty awesome and yummy looking.
Kellan always appreciated his break from his stroller when he wasn't sleeping.
We covered a lot of ground up and down the strip. We saw so much that I didn't even know was there. I think we covered every square foot of Caeser's Palace! Our feet were hurting and we felt justified in eating at The Cheesecake Factory for dinner after checking in at our awesome Resort, the JW Marriot. I did take pics at the Cheesecake Factory but they didn't turn out. Too dark. It was delicious!!!!!!
The Resort is beautiful and peaceful and very nice.
We spent the next morning mostly at the pool which some of my children were convinced I had never been in a pool before. I did prove I do not melt when wet. It was VERY relaxing and lots of fun.
Adam, Rachel, and Caleb chillaxin in the water...
Caleb and Dana - whom we have to thank for getting us a "deal" so we could all stay here.
While I was walking in the pool holding Kellan, which he liked to splash the water with his hand, he all of the sudden laid his head on my shoulder and went right to sleep. Grandpa was ready to sit out so he held him while he slept.
And here is proof that I did get my hair wet in the pool! I didn't really go completely under the water but I did stand under the waterfall they have there at the pool. haha I had a great time. Karl and I both were really glad we went and would like to do it again! Especially the resort part. We enjoyed the time we spent with Caleb, Dana, Adam, Rachel, and Kellan and we all got along!! hehe We all shared one hotel room, too, and still love each other! At least I think we do....haha j/k
We spent the next morning mostly at the pool which some of my children were convinced I had never been in a pool before. I did prove I do not melt when wet. It was VERY relaxing and lots of fun.
Adam, Rachel, and Caleb chillaxin in the water...
Caleb and Dana - whom we have to thank for getting us a "deal" so we could all stay here.
While I was walking in the pool holding Kellan, which he liked to splash the water with his hand, he all of the sudden laid his head on my shoulder and went right to sleep. Grandpa was ready to sit out so he held him while he slept.
And here is proof that I did get my hair wet in the pool! I didn't really go completely under the water but I did stand under the waterfall they have there at the pool. haha I had a great time. Karl and I both were really glad we went and would like to do it again! Especially the resort part. We enjoyed the time we spent with Caleb, Dana, Adam, Rachel, and Kellan and we all got along!! hehe We all shared one hotel room, too, and still love each other! At least I think we do....haha j/k
I would love to find a resort somewhere for all my family to gather sometime.....
It was hard to come back home and think of going to work on Monday but we do have 'Eclipse' to look forward to this week! :))))




5 comments:
Thank you for "taking" us on your trip! Beautiful pictures, of beautiful places. I'm so glad you had such a good time. You all deserved it! Love to you all!
Glad you had fun! Good pictures! And I'm so proud of you for getting in the water! Your swimsuit looks cute!
good pictures except the one of us eating...>:S It was fun!
Sheesh I just read this again and noticed all my typos. Wow! Sorry about that. It was pretty late at night when I did this but I didn't think I was that far off. haha
Seriously you got in the water?!?! In a bathing suit?! Crazy!! Ha ha! Nice pictures and thanks for sharing! Glad it was fun.
Post a Comment