We took a quick trip up north one weekend in July and on the way home we saw this complete rainbow with a little rain. I thought it was pretty and so I took 3 pictures trying to fit it all in. It even looked like a double rainbow in parts. I didn't see the pot of gold at the end...maybe it was at the other end hiding behind the hills. ?? Even though it was a quick trip... any time we can spend with our children up north is worth it. We enjoyed time with the Brunners, van Zwols, and Taylors.


The end of July we said our goodbyes to Caleb and Dana who are now living in Bountiful. We are excited for what their future holds in store for them and wish them the best as Caleb goes to the University of Utah and they find new jobs. Rachel's family came over and we had a nice evening. Didn't want to see them leave. One of those bittersweet times.

The Steele family and the Andersons.


The end of July we said our goodbyes to Caleb and Dana who are now living in Bountiful. We are excited for what their future holds in store for them and wish them the best as Caleb goes to the University of Utah and they find new jobs. Rachel's family came over and we had a nice evening. Didn't want to see them leave. One of those bittersweet times.
The Steele family and the Andersons.
In August we got to have Ryley and Logan spend some time with us and also with the Steeles while Meg and Jay celebrated their 10th Anniversary in Calif. Such good boys! We spent some time in Rachel and Adam's back yard which they worked so hard getting it all ready with grass, rocks, trees, patio cover, etc. I enjoyed jumping on their trampoline with the kids. Jedi and Miley are always there to greet us. Miley is now a little bigger since I took this picture.
Jedi
Miley
I think this picture was put in the wrong place. Should have been up by the rainbow. haha This is AJ in his bumbo chair. He was a good natured little guy since he doesn't see us as often as I would like. He wasn't too sure about us at first but soon was fine with us loving on him and taking his picture. Sweet boy!
Jessica and her kids came down to visit in August. Kellan, Rachel, and Paityn came to see them. So I took some pics of Coralie and Kellan. He has sensitive eyes to the flash of my camera. See their big smiles for grandma? Neither do I. haha They were pretty cute though! Fun to watch.
We went to Krave frozen yogurt. Thought this was pretty cute to see Emilia and Dash sharing theirs. They liked it! Yummy!
Malcom was sooo thirsty!
At the end of August Karl and I went to South Pasadena to visit his parents. His sister, Marilyn, and her husband, Bill, were down there also for part of the time and his brother, Kevin, who lives there. We took a drive to the LA Temple and their newly remodeled visitor's center. It was beautiful. The weather was soooo nice, too. Here is the front of the visitor's center.
Here we are standing in front of the statue of Christ. Had I known were were going to be doing this I would have packed some nicer clothes. OH well....It was a pretty setting.
With all the glass there were many of these LA Temple glass etchings which I just thought looked so beautiful.
Standing inside looking at the entrance. The floor tile was a pretty yellow gold color with pieces of blue tile here and there. The carpet was a turquoise and purple combination. Very beautiful.
My favorite part was this section. You felt like you were going back in time to Jerusalem.
I noticed the sign out front was new, too.
The back side of the Temple. I have a special place in my heart for this Temple. Lots of wonderful memories here. Lots of brides that day, too. Kevin said it had been closed for awhile for cleaning, etc. So it was the first Saturday it was opened again. That explains the reason it was especially hard to find a parking place. haha
So there are a few of the things we have done during the Summer. Megan,...if you read this...would you please remind me to take out my camera next time I see you? Sheesh! I didn't get a picture of your boys! Aaah! If I have left something or someone out of this post please forgive me. My mind is going in many directions. At work we have hired a new receptionist. The girl that left is due to have her baby within the next three to four weeks. The new girl will be good but it involves training so I have been thinking of that. My calling as Stake RS President is going well still. It has been getting busier again with the Gen RS Mtg coming up and Aux Training soon after that.
But mostly my mind is on Karl. Poor guy is unemployed again. That has been the most challenging part living in Utah....finding a decent job for Karl. The economy doesn't help either. So,...we don't know what our future holds right now. Will we still be in St. George or have to move where a job is? Only time will tell...could be a great opportunity. We will learn something from this. Last time was two years ago. It was life-changing then.
All in all "It's a Wonderful Life!" I love my children and grandchildren sooooo much. (That includes my sons in law and daughter in law.) I love all my extended family, too. :) Most of all I love my husband. He is a good man and good to me. Blessings continue to be poured down upon us. Thanks to a loving Heavenly Father.
Looking forward to FALL!!!! That is why I have a Halloween theme already going here. :0)



3 comments:
Isn't a rainbow a circle to there is no end? I've also heard in easter Europe there is a story that only a nude man could claim the gold at the end. ANYWAY, good stories, great times, good pictures! Good job updating your blog. Good luck with dad's job. Hopefully whatever happens will happen sooner than later!
Cute pictures! Looks like we own a wild dog! I hope things look up soon. We just keep you guys in our prayers and hope something comes along soon. Love pictures of the cute babies! Also made me miss the LA temple. Glad you took some pics there!
My blog thing is stupid and didn't show that you updated your blog so I'm just now reading this. The LA visitor's center looks BEAUTIFUL!
And I like that pic with all of you in front of Christ.
You guys are great examples of "hanging in there!" You've had to go through a lot. I love you so much and thanks for sharing all the pictures! Excited to spend time down there with you! Love you!
Post a Comment