Karl and Jill Newleyweds

Karl and Jill Newleyweds

Saturday, December 4, 2010

The latest in Henderson....

 Happy December!  Thought since some others in my family have updated their blogs recently that it was time I did, too.  Basically I am just going to share some pictures of what has been going on the past month.  It may be kind of long....sorry.

Here is my Christmas Tree this year.  I didn't pull out too many decorations this year being in our little apartment and not having anyone really coming to see it anyway.  But it's enough to make it feel like Christmas. :)  Our Christmas will be on Dec.11th when we are with all our children and their families. We are really looking forward to that.

 Thought I would share some pics of our apartment on the inside.  This is looking at our front door and entry. To the right is the bathroom door heading to the 1st bedroom.
Here is our living,dining,computer,etc. room.  We have our two main chairs to sit on.  When anyone comes over we use our computer chair and dining chairs.  It works for now.  
Wouldn't be able to fit more than that anyway.


From the front entry this is looking to our back door and dining part of the room. 
You can see my bedroom door opened but that's all you will see of that.  
Didn't make my bed yet so no pics of my bedroom and bath at this time.


From the computer area I am facing my kitchen.  You can see the 1st bedroom to the left.  
The open door in the kitchen is my laundry room.  
It is also where I have some kitchen items that wouldn't fit in my kitchen cupboards.


So looking out our back door you can see my car!  haha. It's just a small little patio there but we get some nice cool breezes coming in when we want to see how cold it is outside.


Now standing on my back porch once again my car and the view of other buildings in our complex.


This is the front entrance of our apartment complex "Adobe Ranch".

Karl beat me to the front door so I took his picture.

Here is a picture of our Chapel where we attend Church.



So at the beginning of November we went to see the Steeles.  Ashlynne's birthday was a week away but they let us celebrate it with her early. She chose Dairy Queen to go out to eat.  She is such a sweet girl and was so happy.

Paityn was happy, too!  She's not hard to please.

Daken was eating his ice cream.  Oh I forgot what they are called.  
Adam was surprised I had never heard of them and now I don't remember what they are.
I can see the eyes rolling now.


Daken was good to share with Kellan who enjoyed it VERY much.

It was a nice day to spend with them.  I was having a really hard time adjusting to our move at that time so I needed it!  Love you very much Steele Family.  Thanks for everything.

Two weeks later we had the pleasure of having the van Zwol family visit us for two nights. We were counting down the days till they came.  They were the first of our children to visit us in Henderson.  We have more planning to come this month.

As Jessica mentioned in her blog....we went to a park and Coralie got to swing for the first time.  She laughed and smiled so big.  It was so cute!
At Lake Mead I took some pictures observing the kids exploring.  I learned a lot about shells and what happens to them when there is no water.  I thought this was pretty cute of Emilia.

 The area we were in was very rocky with areas of mud.  I chose carefully where I stepped. There they all are running around while Karl stayed in the car with Coralie.  He wasn't feeling very good that day unfortunately.

 Here is Jessica taking a picture of me taking a picture of her. I really like her hair with bangs again.  
Pretty lady.

And here is Erik.  He made it fun for all of us. 

Mr. Dashiell in his sunglasses.  He was just walking over those rocks like it was no problem.  
I thought I was going to fall!  haha


Miss "Go ahead....try to make me smile"Coralie!  She is a cute and cuddly little girl.  Of course she was probably trying to figure out why I was standing over her with my camera while she was playing on the floor.

 Emilia was relaxing in the chair while they packed up to leave.  She was a happy girl and excited for their next adventure on their vacation.

One last picture of the whole family.  Hey!  They are all looking at the same time! I think this is a very good picture.  Love you all so much.  Thanks for coming to see us.  I didn't get any pics of Malcolm by himself.  hmmm....maybe because he was always on the move and I couldn't catch him?  See you soon!


THANKSGIVING!!!  Rachel mentioned in her blog that she didn't get any pictures but I got a few. 
 Here is Aunt Annette with her turkey that she made and brought materials for the kids to make, too.  
It was so nice to have her join us.  The food was DELICIOUS!!  I couldn't get over how moist the turkey was.

 Paityn with her turkey!  Good job!


Ashlynne happily showing her turkey off.  Nice work!


Daken ready to devour his turkey!  Silly guy!


 Cute Kellan.  All he needed to do was sit there and be cute.  He was fun to watch and play with and try to keep from his Mother while she was busy in the kitchen.

We went to the Steeles on Wednesday night and went back to Henderson on Sunday.  So we spent 4 nights there and enjoyed it all. Friday morning I went with Rachel and Kellan to her WalMart which was insane but fun nonetheless and I waited in the car while she went in to Old Navy.  I got three dvd's for $6!  Woohoo! On Saturday we tagged along while they had family picture taken. Trying to get Kellan to cooperate was challenging at times but comical at the same time. Nice sweater Rachel!  They all looked great!

Hurry quick!  He is standing and smiling!!

November was full of good times and special moments.  Thank you family!

As for Karl and I....Karl's job is going well.  I am looking for a part time job which probably won't happen until January.  I am enjoying the time off actually.  Karl will be put in his new calling this Sunday.  Can't tell you till after that although most of you know already what it is.  I am venturing out more and more on my own to find where certain places are around here.  The weather has been GREAT!!  I probably won't be saying that in June, July, or August.

We are enjoying the Spirit of the Season.  Christmas always comes and goes too quickly. Have to bask in it while we can, right?  Merry Christmas everyone!  I'll post after the New Year after we have more events take place.

5 comments:

Rach n Adam said...

Adam's not here to ask, but I believe it was a "dilly bar." Glad you took pictures of things. Nice to see pics of your apartment to get a better idea of where you are since we'll probably be the last ones to see it in person. Looks like a fun time with the vanZwols! Cute pics of all of them.

van Zwol Family said...

It's fun looking at all the pictures! Thanks for sharing them. And I am impressed with that family picture you took of us. I am glad we could visit and we look forward to going back! See you soon!

Caitlin and Adrian Taylor said...

I like all the pictures! Your apartment looks nice! Im glad you had fun with the vanZwols! I'm excited to see you in less than a week! :)

Meg said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures of your apartment! Great pictures of the Steeles and van Zwols too! My boys liked the picture of Daken ready to eat his turkey. :) We are looking forward to our visit with you!

marilyn said...

Good job! The pictures are great, and the dialogue. I'm anxious to come and spend some time with you, after your family gets all their time first....(;D)