Many of you know I take care of a 9 year old girl named Isabella "Bella". She has Down-Syndrome. Her Mom, Jacque, is a good friend to me, and actually the wife of the Dr I first worked for when we moved here. She has me do several odd jobs for her to earn some $$. One of them is watching Bella a couple of days a week. I teach her piano lessons and we go to the park on nice days and we read books, etc. Here are a few pics of Bella.
For December 1st I needed to put out my Nativity so I decided to have her help me. I asked her Mom if she thought she might like to do that. She said "Oh yes she will love that but you may have to re-arrange it afterwards." Then when she dropped her off she said she was very excited to help me decorate.
As I pulled out my Nativity set, which I have had for many years now, I explained to Bella how careful she needed to be with each piece as they could break. She was VERY careful. I only instructed her how Joseph, Mary and the Baby are to be inside the stable. Everything else she did on her own and this was the result.....
I could not have done it any better if I had done it myself. EVERY piece/character is turned toward the Savior. I asked her what her favorite part of the Nativity was and she said "The Baby". When her Mom came we showed her what a good job Bella did and then we both looked at each other with lumps in our throats. So perfectly displayed as it should be and a wonderful reminder where our focus needs to be at Christmas and always....on the Savior, Jesus Christ. Thank you Bella for teaching and reminding me.










3 comments:
Very sweet!
You already shared this story with me but I'm glad you got pictures to go with it. Awesome! A great real life story. :)
I still think that's awesome! Very sweet!
Post a Comment