I'm not going to even try to catch up from my last post. Most everyone who reads this knows what has been going on in my life this year...i.e. Moving into a new place, taking an online class, Jovi birth and Blessing, Evangeline born, her blessing and Emilia's baptism. Rachel is having a girl! And all the in between stuff. I do have pictures to post but I haven't downloaded them onto the computer yet. We are thrilled with all the events that have taken place and the time we have had with all of our children and grandchildren throughout the Summer. We cherish every minute we have with all of you. We love you. Thanks for coming to visit us, too!
We are loving all the new grandbabies!! We love each and every one of our 14, soon to be 15, grandchildren starting with Ryley all the way down to Evangeline.
The most recent events in our life....Karl and I took a trip to Flagstaff, AZ. Pics will be posted soon hopefully. Karl had never been there so it was fun to see him get excited about seeing a new place. We went to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon, Oak Creek Canyon, Sedona, Montezuma's Castle, and Walnut Canyon cliff dwellings. I remembered being there as a teen and the memories flooded back into my mind while I was there. All places were beautiful to see. We listened to patriotic music while driving and looking at the mountains and trees, etc. Felt very grateful to live in this land. We also dined at Salsa Brava. The food was good and they had an all you can eat salsa bar with freshly made salsas of various temperatures and flavors. On the way back to Henderson we stopped in Williams and walked around. They had a car show that weekend so it was fun to see the great old cars all decked out. We loved getting away and could get used to doing it more often if the budget will allow...ha!
I started training for a new job at Bell Photography. I would like to be a receptionist but the boss thinks I can do the photographer job. Yikes! I'm feeling a little overwhelmed and hope I can get the hang of it. I do like the people there and they really stress working as a team. I just need to feel organized and know all the steps. Being a receptionist would be less stressful. If they change me my feelings would not be hurt at all. haha
Karl found out that he sold the most Hostess soft cookies in the Walmarts of Nevada and Arizona. He also was #10 in the whole USA. Shows you how hard he works getting his product out there to sell. This has been a hotter Summer and with no A/C in his jeep (yes it is still running) or his work truck...he has had a long Summer with the heat. We are very grateful the Summer is coming to it's last few weeks. WE LOVE FALL!! which is why I had to put an Autumn theme for my blog.
One more thing I am looking forward to...We get to see the musical "Wicked" for the first time on Oct. 2nd. It will be our first real show we've gone to here in Vegas after two years of living here.
I'm sure there is more but I am feeling pretty tired and ready to call it a night. Just didn't want to have any more time pass by before updating my post. Stay cool all!!



3 comments:
It is great, that you two got to take a little get away trip! Way to go dad!!! I'm sorry the summer has been so long, I like fall too, but it seems to go by too fast. :) Enjoy "Wicked", I'm sure it will be awesome there in Vegas!
Oh my goodness! Good job, Daddy-o! He is really the most hard-working man I've ever known. Thanks for updating! ;) I'm glad you two got to have a little trip, too. I'm excited for you to see Wicked and look forward to hearing how you like it. Love you lots!
That is great that dad is doing so well at work! He deserves some recognition. :) I was shocked to see you actually posted a new blog post. Glad you were able to get away. We are wanting to do that sometime and take a trip down to Arizona...but yah, gotta have some money first! I am also looking forward to Fall! I am so tired of the HEAT! Love you guys.
Post a Comment