Happy Belated New Year! Time is just flying by these days! We have some exciting things to look forward to.
Caleb will be home 7 weeks from today!!! It hardly seems real. I don’t know if I will be able to let go of him once I hold him again with my Mom hug. He is going to want to get back on the plane. I love his weekly emails. I think I will actually miss that. I will miss having a missionary! Another bittersweet time.
Caitlin will be married in 8 weeks!!! That is still sinking in, too. It is exciting to see it come together. Her dress is beautiful. The invitations look really nice. Adrian is a really great guy for Caitlin. It will be hard to let her go as she is my baby. I have appreciated her being here with me. I think Adrian will treat her well and try his best to make her happy.
I still remember the day I was married, 29 years ago, and when I had each of my children. I remember older people telling me to enjoy every minute because it goes by so quickly. They were sure right! Now I am one of those older people and I am telling all you younger moms – ENJOY IT! IT GOES BY TOO FAST!!
Of course I am very grateful for my grandchildren. There is nothing like the loves I get from my grandkiddles! The smiles and hugs, and when they tell me things. Some I can understand and some I try to make out what they are saying but I love it just the same. They have great mothers (wink) and fathers. hehe
FYI - Karl is working in SLC still but looking for work down here always. The house hasn’t had any offers on it although it is still for sale. I am still working at the counseling office and still serving as Stake RS President. I enjoy that very much. I miss Karl. I am so glad we can talk every day and see each other a couple of weekends a month. We still aren’t sure what our future holds but we are ready to do whatever it is we need to do. (Especially after March)
Jessica and Erik gave me their old digital camera. It just needed a new battery so I bought one and it arrived today. It looks like it will work just fine and once I get everything figured out on it I might actually be able to post some pictures on here! Until then….I hope everyone is enjoying their 2009 so far. I know I have sure been enjoying the St. George weather these past couple of days. The temp is cool enough to sit on my swing on my back patio in the sunshine after work and just relax. Aaahhhh….how long it will last I don’t know but I will enjoy it while I can.



4 comments:
I am so glad that you are keeping busy Jill. Hope 2009 brings you back together with Karl wherever the Lord wants you. We miss you guys and cannot believe Caleb will be home that soon. Where has the time gone?
Lynnette
Surprise, surprise, you updated your blog! j/k! Love ya!
How wonderful that Caleb will be home soon. And yes, bittersweet that Caitlin is getting married so soon. All will be well and you are doing a great job! you have some great kids, Jill and a super husband. I understand how you feel missing him during the week. Isn't it great that we have the phone connections that we do to talk with our loved ones on a daily basis? Good luck with everything and let's enjoy our little grandkids while they are little. We are SO blessed!
Wow 7 and 8 weeks holy cow. Time is going to go by fast. But what fun March will be.
Post a Comment