Karl and Jill Newleyweds

Karl and Jill Newleyweds

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I'm back....

Wow! It has been one month exactly since I last blogged. As many of you know, through other family members, my father passed away on May 28th. I am so grateful to have been with him the last three days of his life up to the very end and also for the last "hug" I received from him about a week before he died. We all knew his time was short so every moment we had with him was a treasure. My two sisters and my Mom and I were so close during those three days and it was very special. It was a very spiritual experience. I miss my Dad greatly and I have my times of tears. I know Father's Day will be tough. My Mom is amazing. She is so strong. Her faith is unwaivering. She is coping very well. I know her heart is aching and feels broken but she knows she will get to be with my Dad again forever. My Dad wouldn't want us to all sit around and mourn for too long. He would want us to move on! It is good to do so, too. It helps me remember that life does go on when these times happen. Now I want to live my life to bring honor to his and my Mom's names. I hope to be a great example like he has been and my Mom continues to be to our family. I am so grateful for my own children and their spouses and children. It has been a time to reflect on the Lord's hand in our lives. How blessed we are.


Now on with life...

2 comments:

Gough Clan said...

Jill I am so sorry. I don't think there is anything I could say to heal your pain, but please know I am thinking of you.

gg said...

Thank you sis, for those loving words. I too, desire to live up to the example our father and mother have been to us.It was such a wonderful time to all be together. I miss family and hope to be geographically closer in a few months thanks to the efforts of my wonderful husband.