Karl and Jill Newleyweds

Karl and Jill Newleyweds

Saturday, August 8, 2009

I'm a slacker!

Hello everyone out there in blogger land!! I decided I needed to add a new post to this blog before dust webs began forming on it from lack of use.

The Summer has been going by rather quickly which, quite frankly, I am glad for. I have enjoyed the trips I have made even though they have been short ones. California with Mom, Karl, and Caleb last month was GREAT! Thanks Sean and Angie for sharing your home. Also, to Karl's parents. It was so good to see you all. Heading up north two weekends in a row went by so fast! It was nice to spend time with Jessica and Megan and their families. It was lots of fun to be with my grandkids up there and have some of them come down here. I love all my grandkids sooooo much!! I wish I could do more and be a better grandma though. I hope one day to be able to change that.

Now August is here and I will be heading up north this weekend with my Mom and Annette to see my Dad's marker on his grave. Megan was able to take a great picture of it for our family blog. Thanks Meg! I still have my times of tears and missing him. There has been so much going on in our entire family since he passed away. Each can be read about on individual blogs and the family blog so I won't repeat it. Much to pray for!

Trying to get back into my calling. Lots to plan for coming up. Took too long of a break I think. I do love it though! I like visiting all the wards/branches. We have wonderful people in our stake.

We have a new addition to our home. He is 21 and his name is Damon. He is occupying Caitlin's old room. He is with us for this semester at least. He is playing football for Dixie and he and Caleb will be attending school in the Fall....very soon! He is nice and so far so good.

We are enjoying have Caleb here and love that he is choosing to stay home a little while longer. He is quite entertaining when he is here. He is a busy guy. Whoever gets to marry him will be very fortunate and will need a great sense of humor.

We are very excited for the addition of three new grandkiddles next year. Rachel and Caitlin due in January and Jessica due in February. Love those babies!!

Work has had lots of changes going on. Sad too see one of our therapists move into his own office but happy for him to have his own place. I will miss him. We have a psychologist that has moved into our office and two part-time therapists so it has been busy getting everything in order. My sister, Annette, has been a great help to everyone with all these changes, especially me. Now we are needing to replace a receptionist. I think I need a REAL vacation now.

Karl is still my sweetheart. He has been so sweet this weekend. He is taking good care of me to help me not stress too much. I am so grateful for my husband, children,sons-in-law, grandchildren, parents, siblings, nieces, nephews,etc.

I'm excited for FALL, my favorite season!!! Happy blogging!

4 comments:

Meg said...

I can hardly believe you have a new post. I had to read through it twice to make sure! haha! J/K You have been very busy, I hope things slow down for you soon! BTW, you are a good grandma!

Caitlin said...

When you put everything down that's been going on it really DOES seem like a lot! It's proof that you're so busy! Anyway... Glad to see you writing another blog! Love you!

Unknown said...

I just drove through Tehachapi. Thought of you guys like I do every time I drive through there. Kind of funny since you don't live there but hey I'm kind of like that. Glad to see everything is going well and that you are keeping busy. Congratulations on the upcoming grand babies too. I can't believe Caitlin is pregnant it seems like she was just 16 watching my kids.

Unknown said...

That last post is not from Aden its from me Kollen Marchant sorry about that.