Karl and Jill Newleyweds

Karl and Jill Newleyweds

Thursday, December 24, 2009

It’s really here!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!! It's the most wonderful time of the year…

We are keeping Christmas simple this year. Karl and I will probably sleep in longer than we ever have in our whole married life which, by the way, we will be celebrating 30 years on January 12th!! It will be different but I think it just might be fun. J We will open our gifts, call our children who are up north, and Karl will make his usual French toast for breakfast. We will be looking forward to Caleb and Dana's return to St. George later in the early afternoon. Then we will head out to Rachel's for dinner. I'm bringing cheesecake for dessert among other food items. Should be a wonderful day!! I hope it will be for all of you!

Tonight for Christmas Eve, Karl, my mom, and I, are going to go out to dinner to Texas Roadhouse, then thought we would give the 'Non-Denominational Christmas Eve Service' a try at the Dixie Center. The more about the Savior the better and I love the Christmas music no matter who is singing it. Well except for maybe Joe Cocker who was singing one on the internet radio we had playing at the office yesterday. That was scary.

Today I am happy to be home from work and hope to get the house cleaned and some baking done. I didn't get up until 8:00 this morning which is unusual for me but I was sleep deprived so it was very nice to sleep that long. I also need to go to the store with all the other crazy last minute shoppers. Guess I had better get busy!

We enjoyed the beautiful wedding of Caleb and Dana in Manti and Ephraim last weekend. It was a really nice event and we are very happy for them. Very happy to have Dana join our family. I have the Open House coming soon, on January 9th, but thanks to family & friends who are willing to help me out I am not worried.

I am feeling like some babies will be arriving soon!! I am very excited to greet these new little ones into this crazy world but loving family. More blessings… Kellan, AJ, and ??? Jessica have you decided on a name yet for this little girl? :0) haha There is still time to decide.

It seems looking back at this year of 2009 that much has happened in my life and my family's lives to recognize how much our Heavenly Father watches over us and how much of our burden we have placed on our Savior through His Infinite Atonement. I feel so blessed because of it. What an honor it is to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ for without it we would not have the Atonement or His Resurrection. Because of Him we can live forever and be with our loved ones. How great will be that joy when we get to see our Dad again. We miss him! Our first Christmas without him. But how fortunate we are to know we will see him again. So, with much gratitude in my heart, Christmas will be a memorable one to celebrate this year.

I also love the New Year and all we have to look forward to. So HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010!!

1 comment:

van Zwol Family said...

NO! Still haven't decided on a name. =P Hope you had a Merry Christmas!