Karl and I have been attending the Temple more often again and it is always such a great feeling when we do. The Las Vegas Temple is a beautiful temple.
We have had some very cold days but for the most part we have been enjoying lots of sunshine here in Henderson. One of these days I am going to go park by the airport and watch the planes land and take off. It always fascinates me to see these huge airplanes fly. I suppose I got that from my Dad.
Karl is working LONG days but has his own route now, which is good! I am still looking for work. Had a couple call back but didn't work out. I toy with the idea of teaching piano lessons again. I don't know...
Karl is enjoying teaching his Sunday School class and I am learning to appreciate the Nursery every other week. haha There are some pretty cute kids in there. The time does go by pretty fast, too.
I think that is all that is new with us!! Karl found out he has President's Day off so he wants to leave town and head toward SLC! So it will be another one of our quick trips but at least it will be longer than 24 hours. We are looking forward to it.
One more thing....next best thing to being there in person....SKYPE! I appreciate my niece giving me a webcam she wasn't using anymore. Now I can see my kids and grandkids more frequently!! :)
Here are pics of the Steele family! Hoover Dam/Memorial Bridge. Here is the whole fam damily!
Kellan pointing to Gma taking a picture! Happy boy! (and Mommy) :)
The other three kiddles! Pretty funny! Poor Paityn with Daken's feet on her back.
Here are the Taylors! At the Bellagio conservatory.
Hoover Dam/Memorial Bridge. We never tire of going here.
AJ. He was a happy little guy!
AJ loved pulling all my dvd's off the shelf, as most one year olds do (like Kellan and Coralie)...and then he was on his way to his favorite cupboard in the kitchen. :) He was entertaining!
The Conservatory at the Bellagio is decorated for the Chinese New Year - The Year of the Rabbit. This is the 3rd time I have been here and each time it has been different. I am not quite sure how often they change the decorations but I think it is at least quarterly. Always pretty spectacular.
The incense smelled good.
We also found a new place to visit. The Old Mormon Fort in Las Vegas. It was worth $1 to read about the history of Las Vegas and the Mormon missionaries that helped settle it. They were sent down here by Brigham Young. We think there must be a relation between this John Steele and Karl (and Adam).
Part of the fort was reconstructed but it looks like it once did.
Looking out toward the corrals.
Karl and Caitlin, and AJ, standing near some of the original stone walls.
An actual cargo wagon. This one is from Iron County, Utah.
The Adobe building is where they tested concrete and other various building materials. I need to go in there again and read more on it. It was pretty chilly inside.
Here is the creek. There is a museum here with lots of history displayed also.
That's it for now! Hope you enjoyed your little tour! hehe























4 comments:
Very nice! Looks like you had fun with the Taylors exploring new sites! Thanks for sharing the pictures! :D Hope we get to see you guys sometime soon. I agree, "skype" is pretty awesome!
Good pictures! All the ones without me are great! ;) I really like the one of kellan and Rachel. Thanks for the tour while we were down there! And we can't wait to be down there for good! Hopefully!!
We love you guys! Excited to see ya this weekend even if it's not for long!
I agree, the picture of Rach and Kellan is super cute! How fun to be outside in the sun. :D Skype is great! It is nice to see an update on your blog. :)
I can't believe you have eleven grandchildren!!! How great is that?
Post a Comment