Karl and Jill Newleyweds

Karl and Jill Newleyweds

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Yes I Am Still Alive!

So I am posting this because I haven't done a blog post since February I think?  Time flies even if it isn't always fun!  hehe

I posted pictures on Facebook recently of things that have been going on since then and pictures.  Like Mom and Millie coming to visit.  Now Millie is much bigger and has a different haircut. Going to Cali for one last visit to the house Karl grew up in. Disneyland with the Steeles and watching their kiddles while they went on a Cruise.  Visiting my sister in AZ and going to Oatman. Going up to SLC area and Saratoga Springs to visit my kids and grandkiddles up there for a week.  Bringing two grandsons home with me to visit for two weeks.  Pictures I don't have of family coming here to visit me but loved the visits! Ummm....I'm sure I am not remembering everything off the top of my head.  If I'd look back in my planner I might remember more. :0)  Each of those visits and events were important to me and I will always look back with love and appreciation and joy.  I love being with my family whenever I get the chance!! So I am going to post random pictures from each event to share with you and prove I was there!  HA!



























Like I said they were random and many out of order but you get the idea... ;)  Good times!  Just be glad I didn't post ALL I have.

I've also been getting into reading.  I hated reading in school and maybe that's because it was always a book they wanted me to read and not one I picked out??  I did read some but it wasn't something I loved to do.  I was so proud that I read The Work and The Glory way back when they were first coming out.  I enjoyed those very much although I don't think I ever finished the last two books although I do own them.  hmmm....maybe I should do that.  I was also feeling pretty good that I read all the Twilight Books and own them as well a couple or so years ago.  I enjoyed them.  I have read other Church and non-Church books here and there but for some reason this year, since I am not currently employed, I started going to our local library and checking out books some had recommended and some I had found on my own.  Some that were not that great and others that were very good!  I still have a few sitting here that I have borrowed that I need to read.  I have included some of those books here.  Don't ask me to recommend because I am never quite sure what people are going to like so I just let them know my feelings about them and they can decide if its worth reading to them.  Of course I am always relieved when I liked the book and they liked it, too.  :)  I kind of feel like I am finally maturing or something.  Sad, I know.  I do feel a little guilty though if I am not reading my scriptures in addition to these books so I am trying to set a goal to read from my scriptures first before I dive into the current book of choice for reading.  Here are a few I have read:







 

Ok you get the idea.....enough pictures!  I decided not to put EVERY book I've read recently but these are the majority.

Karl is busy working long days and back to merchandising on his day off although he gets home early enough that day so we can still go see a movie or something.  It seems we have seen a few lately.  We like the early matinees before Noon when we can catch them.  I love being with him and I am grateful he was willing to let me leave him for a few days at a time over the past couple of months.  It seems I am here now for awhile.  We wish we could buy a home here.  There are some very good deals around us.  We just don't know if we can work it out since we still have our home in St. George but we are looking into it.  Life is interesting.  I am looking for a job but nothing yet.  My friend, Jacque (Dr. Clark's wife), has had me do more 'at home' work for her in Quickbooks (data entry etc) which has helped here and there.

I have much to look forward to in the next few months!  Some of them being the arrival of Dana and Caleb's little baby boy!! and Baptisms for Ashlynne and Logan.  Visits from my kids and hopefully a family get together after Ashlynne's baptism if it can be worked out.  I would love an updated picture of the WHOLE family someday soon.  So there is still much to do before the New Year! :D

There now I think I am caught up.  I will probably think of all kinds of things I meant to put in this post but oh well....that's enough for now.  Enjoy your Summer!  It's already mid-July! Wow!

OH YEAH!!  I'm going to take the H&R Block Class beginning next month.  MAYBE I will work for them next year for tax season????  If not, I will know how to do our taxes really well. ;) 

4 comments:

Caitlin and Adrian Taylor said...

Hooray for blog updates! I really don't like that picture of me but the rest are good ones! I hope to visit soon! I love and miss you! Good job on readin! Eventually, I'll get back in the groove of reading again I hope.

Rach n Adam said...

Yay! You posted a new blog! ;p Thanks for sharing the pictures! Hope you guys can figure out something with a house and what not. Love you guys! Hope to see you soon. :)

jillha said...

I totally left out reading THE HUNGER GAMES!!! That is what sparked me to get reading again. How could I forget? Sheesh. :0/

Meg said...

That was a lot to catch up on! :D Love the pictures! I enjoy talking over the books you have read. Good luck with the H&R classes.