Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas! I like all holidays but these three (and I know Halloween isn't really a holiday) all fall one right after another in my favorite Season of the year...FALL!! Well Christmas could be Winter too I guess.
Anyway-- the part I like best about ALL holidays is being with my family when I can be. To me, that's what makes a holiday what it is! I LOVE MY FAMILY!!! Missing Dana(and baby), Kellan, AJ, and Coralie. Need a new one of ALL of us. :D
Next would be the food!! There is always traditional foods we like for each: Chili and cornbread (or chips) and hot (or cold) apple cider for Halloween along with the sneaking of our favorite candies out of the trick or treat bowl,
Turkey and all the trimmings for Thanksgiving, ( of course my table doesn't look like this)
and sometimes Turkey again for Christmas or roast or ham...and all the baked goodies for ourselves and to give away and for all three is when I go through my hot chocolate phase!
COLORS! I love the colors of the season and the decorations! Orange, black, lime green and purple Halloween.
I love lots of varieties of Christmas colors but for my home I always enjoyed the cranberry red with gold and off-white combination.
I also have a tradition of "remembering" at the holidays...especially Christmas. I had many years where I sat alone on Christmas Eve (because Karl was so used to going to bed early and was too tired to stay up too late) and looked at the Tree Lights while listening to music softly in the background reminiscing of Christmas's past of my children and those spent with them. Thinking of the year coming to an end and a new one soon beginning. Feeling grateful for my blessings and what I have learned and know. Filling my heart with lots of love. Karl's favorite movie "It's A Wonderful Life" has a great message and he likes to watch it when he can.
MUSIC!! LOVE the music of the holidays. Can't start playing Christmas music soon enough! I even enjoy the little Halloween cd we have played with Monster Holiday. I really love both the secular and religious songs for Easter and Christmas. I have too many favorite songs to name one but this is one that I like.
I have a feeling my posts will end up being the most "wordy" through this challenge. :0/ haha




4 comments:
I was thinking that this was getting kind of long and wordy ;) It's great! I like the added pictures too!
Those are all great! Thanks for doing the challenge! I'm excited to read all your other posts too!
I'm glad you are joining the challenge! I enjoy watching "It's a Wonderful Life" during the holiday season too! I like your addition of pictures! :)
Wow...that took some effort. :/ very nice! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment