So....Karl and I have started a new exercise routine....actually about one month ago. We decided to buy some decent running shoes and start running....or in our case...walking/jogging/walking/jogging....etc. We seem to slowly be building up to longer distances of the actual running part and less walking. It does make me feel like I have more energy and I want to keep doing it. Karl is going along with it but would rather get bicycles and go ride bikes. I told him we could do that too when we can afford it but for now we are running. Have we lost weight? yes....a little...but not enough to make a big deal of it. We both feel more toned though. Do we want to run a marathon? no.... The best part of all is that we are doing this together. I look forward to this time with him. :)
Something about turning 50 and 51 made us want to take better care of ourselves.....now we still need to change a few eating habits but all in all we are doing better.



5 comments:
How very exciting! I, myself, am a big fan of running. Just watch out, if you keep doing it long enough, those longer distances are going to stop seeming so long and you may just find yourself entering one of the big ones.
Thanks Chelsi! I had heard once from someone that once you start you can't stop! It gets in your blood! haha Maybe one day a 5k. :)
Good for you! With running together, you can keep each other motivated. Plus, its the "being together" thats really important. I know that the exercise really makes you feel good! Keep up the good work!
I'm so proud of you both! I love you tons and I'm jealous you get to run together! I wish I could run with you! You could TOTALLY do a 5k! Love you guys so much!
I think it is great you are doing this together. I took your advice and have started the walking/jogging thing at the gym. I lost 2 pounds last week. I will admit I have enjoyed it. Good luck to you both on your goal.
Post a Comment