Karl and Jill Newleyweds

Karl and Jill Newleyweds

Friday, August 12, 2011

#6 Favorite Recipe

Well.......as you may have guessed......I can think of several and I don't have any new ones I've tried lately.  I told Caitlin earlier this morning I was going to put Snickerdoodles as my recipe because I am pretty proud of that cookie recipe! :D  I also thought of Lemon Luscious Pie.  I have decided that no matter what recipe I put on here you all probably already have it, too!  I looked through my recipes and this one looked like something I'd like to make right now so here is ONE of my favorite recipes:

TRIFLE
(from my former sister in law)

1 cake mix (white or yellow) baked - I have also used pound cake.
2 small pkg. jello (red color)
1 pkg. instant vanilla pudding
1 pkg. frozen strawberries (I'm sure fresh is fine too)
1 banana
1 container of cool whip or 2 pk. dream whip
Candies to sprinkle on top, if desired.

Partially set the jello. Mix strawberries in jello when making it if using frozen.
Put pieces of cake at the bottom of  a bowl (glass is nice)
Pour the partially set jello over the cake pieces. Refrigerate and let the jello set completely now.
(Add fresh strawberries at this point if not using frozen.)
Make pudding and cut up banana in it.
Pour pudding mixture over the fully set jello layer.
Pour and spread cool whip over pudding so it is the top layer.
Sprinkle with candies.
Keep refrigerated until ready to eat.

Delicious!! :)

4 comments:

Caitlin and Adrian Taylor said...

That sounds super yummy! A nice dessert for summer! :)

van Zwol Family said...

Yes a good summer dessert. You can make some when you are here!

Rach n Adam said...

I love trifle!! I need to make it again. I have made it a few times and it is so yummy!

Meg said...

YUM!!!